[IRCA] KMIK 1580 Disney switched pattern last night and good high end SSS cx

[IRCA] KMIK 1580 Disney switched pattern last night and good high end SSS cx

When playing back my 8 pm CDT recordings from last evening, I noticed Disney very strong on 1580 with fanfare and into a KMIK AM and HD ID and then a couple seconds after the hour, instantly gone when they switched patterns so it seems that they fixed the presumed non-switching problem from the weekend.

High end SSS cx were quite good and also early night. On 1680 I have a mix of KGED and KNTS. 1690 had some Russian coming thru Denver's Disney which was pounding WVON. 1650 and 1630 had Denver and WY pounding Iowa. 1640 Utah was in well and wrecking any chance at needed Disney from OR.

Also from AZ was a nice ID from Money Radio KFNN at 8 pm just before they switched. Their day pattern is favorable towards the ENE so they aren't that rare here. KGA was noted under with ID. I wish I'd checked 15 minutes earlier as perhaps very rare KUAZ could've been in. Nothing else noted from AZ, but I have to very carefully check more freq's like 1360 where I've only had KPXQ once.

1530 had one that I've finally tracked down as the calls sounded different in USB and LSB. 1530klbw.com. I've not noted them ever to be on past their sunset. A bit later KFBK was in.

On 1180 I have a nice KERN LID at 8 pm CDT.

The lowest freq with any real action was 1100 where KWWN was under back nulled superpest WTAM with bits of a sports betting ad and a Las Vegas ment breaking thru. This one is common and has a good day pattern towards the east. On the best SSS nights it comes in as soon as KZNN switches to night rig.

New on 1480 for me was KRAE with an ID no better than fair but basically alone.

New an hour earlier at 7 pm on 1360 was Saint Valentine Radio KDJW from Amarillo and still legally on day power.

73 KAZ Barrington IL Perseus and Double KAZ antenna 21 ft X 113 ft aimed west