Re: [IRCA] Sat-Sun-Monday - TP Oct 8, 2012 / Jordan River Pacific version: comment

Re: [IRCA] Sat-Sun-Monday - TP Oct 8, 2012 / Jordan River Pacific version: comment

It's still a pretty nice DU water path to relatively low mountains; You're right, it is only open to the Pacific via the strait from about 270 to 290 degrees. The DU bearings of 220 to 270 degrees are water path for the last 25 to 45 km, but there is a chunk of Washington's Olympic peninsula blocking the path for a ways beyond that. I thought the water path was the important part, and using Beverages just a few miles further up the coast, we heard some pretty serious DUs many years ago, so don't know what the problem is now. It was pretty dead in July when I tried it out last with just an ALA100 though.

best wishes,

Nick