[IRCA] On my way back...

Hi all - I've been noting with great envy the logs from the Oregon cliffside, the amazing Newfoundland logs, El Salvador....the list goes on.

Here in almost downtown Vancouver things I've been shut down for quite a while as the power lines pretty much right outside my window kept on blowing the power unit on my Wellbrook - not just the fuse, but the entire unit. I went through 2 of them in 4 months and decided that I just wasn't going to be able to keep dxing from this location.

The good news for me is that my wife and I bought a house in Lions Bay, a small town of 900 people about 20 km north of Vancouver in Howe Sound. We're about 200 metres up, overlooking the sound towards Gibsons (we can see the lights at night). It's not a sheer cliff like Cape Perpetua (which I've been to, beautiful location) but is a steep slope down to the water. I've been out there with  my trusty Sony 7600 sniffing out any causes of RF in the house. I found 2 sources - the motion sensors for the external lights, and some nasty LED lights above the sinks, but voila I can disconnect the motion sensors and if I leave the lights off it sounds like my house dod back in the 70's!

So anyway, I'll be moving in in late October after some renos are done, and hope that I'll be able to start contributing to the group again. I gotta admit I'm pretty excited!

I had Andy at Wellbrook send me a new power unit, so I'm ready to go...I may even buy a Perseus!

Regards

Michael Yule
Kitsilano, BC