Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Re: Michigan reception of 738 Tahiti Thu. 9/6/2012

Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Re: Michigan reception of 738 Tahiti Thu. 9/6/2012

Thx for the video Perseus lesson!! I tried it your way shaping the filters in AM mode rather than shaping them in the appropriate SSB and my audio is improved considerably !!

Now I have several minutes+ of that FF gal on 738, nearly as good as your's and then there's a guy talking. I think she was taking phone calls. I have a couple minutes of a mellow song on 684 and the lyrics are English and then as it is fading a male voice sure seems to have an Aussie accent but weak. This really can't be anything other than 2KP.

Using SAM rather than AM also gave me a bit of a boost. I didn't try AGC off but will when I replay again tomorrow.

Oooo more listening on 702 later on 1131:30..Aussie accented guy and then bits of gal and soon into "London Calling" by the Clash and audible for a couple of minutes !! Over to 738 and just a wee bit of it coming thru a fading Tahiti and SAH at 1132:30 so a relog of 2NR.

It wasn't London calling but New Zealand trying to call. 567 may have had the occasional audio bit, bit I can't be a sloppy DXer and claim that. There may also be the occasional 2nd audio with 2BL 702 and the big SAH at times, but I need better copy.

Re: 657,,best carrier was closer to 1100 but not close to audio.

Great catch on KATK 740...maybe I can find them on the recordings. The ID noted in passing was KRMG. I wanted to record 1100z but it was quickly clear to me that I had to repair the Double Kaz termination resistance due to some storm damage.

73 KAZ Barrington IL who will try to fall asleep with the song "London Calling" going over and over in his mind