[IRCA] WNCO, Blackout

Hi All:

When we went to bed last night we could see that the north side of the village had power.  Ours popped back on about 12:40 a.m.  Sure was good to have air conditioning again, even it meant I had to fight my wife for the covers.  There's still a lot of people without power around here, and there's still no sign of the Jackson/Vinton county stations, WYPC, 1330, Wellston, and its covey of FM affiliates, 96.7 in Jackson, 97.7 in Wellston, 98.7 in McArthur.  WATH came back Saturday afternoon for a few hours, then again Sunday and now appears to be back on regular 24/7 schedule.  Its FM, WXTQ, 105.5, was back by Sunday afternoon.  I also noted WNXT, 1260, WMPO, 1390, WLTP, 910, WHNK, 1450, WIRO, 1230, WVNT Parkersburg 1230, WADC, 1050, WBGS-1030 and WLGN-1510 all off as well as the Parkersburg, Point Pleasant, Logan and Portsmouth FMs.  The Huntington 930 and 1200 were also off.  I've noted 930 back on, bu not 1200.  Also last time I checked WEMM-FM,
 107.9, was also still off.  WAIS, 770, Buchten/Nelsonville and its FM, as well as WJEH, 990, Gallipolis and its FM were the only stations around here to survive the devastation with power and on the air.

I didn't have batteries in my Grundig Satelit 800 until Sunday.  Did manage one logging, my nearest unheard and much wanted;

1340, WNCO, Ashland, OH, 6/30/12, 0700 EDT on top of mess w/distinct, "WNCO," TOH ID, into ABC nx.  You'd think this one would be easy w/WOUB being off nightly from midnight to 6 a.m., but no such luck.  I've tried many times; finally heard during the big blackout on Saturday morning on the car radio.  OH #118 here, and probably last, as my remaining unheards are WCSM, 1350, WCCD, 1000, WASN, 1500, WJMP, 1520, WYCL, 1540, and WABQ, 1460, all of them either too weak to break through the dominant day and night stations on their channels, or beamed the other way.

I'll check the dial tomorrow and see who's still off.  They're saying Wellston may not have power back until next Tuesday (7/10)!

73
David