[IRCA] MF Band Conditions

Beginning early morning UTC March 21st here in central Florida the MF AM Broadcast band conditions finally began returning to some sense of normalcy. Most of the stations in central and South America were pretty much gone, to be replaced by the usual 50 kw stations to my north and west. I even was able to log BSKSA Duba Saudi Arabia on 1521 kc and Morocco on 171 kc.

Early this morning 0900 UTC while trying to hear KSL 1160 kc I logged the following stations fighting it out:

WTEL Red Springs, NC .25 kw
WCFO East Point, GA .16 kw
WMET Gaithersburg, MD 1.5 kw
WCRT Donelson, TN 1kw

I did log KSL 1160 kc with it's top of the hour ID at 1000 UTC, pure luck with allot the QRM.

I was using my Icom IC-751A and 160 meter inverted L. The inverted L is 127 feet long with a fifty foot vertical section.

I began DXing the MF AM broadcast band in 1965 and started my log over again from scratch in October 2011.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SWL Since 1965

Medium Wave Circle DX Club Member: http://www.mwcircle.org
International Radio Club Of America Member: http://www.ircaonline.org

NZ4O Amateur & SWL Radio Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.com
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive: http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm
NZ4O HF/6M Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.solarcycle24.org
NZ4O MF Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.wcflunatall.com/mwprop.htm

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120320-1, 03/20/2012
Tested on: 3/21/2012 6:31:24 AM