[IRCA] Southern Signal Surge Since Solar Storm

[IRCA] Southern Signal Surge Since Solar Storm

After this recent Solar storm things haven't quite competely returned back to pre- storm conditions here on the West Coast of Canada.
With only signals from California dropping in and very little from the east and hardly anything from the PNW I'm wondering what's going on with magnetic flux or layer action that's preventing signals from an eastern direction from getting out this far before and after LSS. With all the big guys from CA in good there were a couple of little guys making their first appearance here (after LSS- 20:00 PDT) ;
1. 920 KVIN in Ceres- Modesto Ca with oldies and jingle ID "Vintage 920". Good signal at 8 & 9PM TOH ID but faded and was overtaken by :
2. 920 KIHM Reno NV -Immaculate Heart Radio with a Catholic Religion program. This one was over and on top for a few minutes but has dropped down to mix with several other signals but is still dominating the slot at last time check of 9: 30 PDT.
Both of these are new logs here at my listening post.
Bill in BC