[IRCA] Last night's auroral fun

We had company last night so I didn't check in to see what was going on. I did have recordings going on 890 ( nothing but WLS even with them nulled, not even the Cuban ) and 1100 ( WTAM mostly with something underneath them with music and talk but too weak to make much sense of although I want to revisit a couple of recordings) and 1180 ( all Cuba, at least 3 echoing ).

1220 here is lost due to a strong local on 1210; similarly 980 and 1000 are lost to the local on 990.

If Rob could get Brazil on an ultralight in Ontario, I should have been able to do the same with a 2010 but 1100 didn't appear to make it through, but the noise level remains a problem, and during auroral conditions both the RF and man-made noise are stronger.

I'll set up some different channels tonight and see what I find.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>