From: Blaine Thompson <irw@xxxxxxxx>
To: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:32 PM
Subject: [ABDX] Re: Chicago Stations Off Air

Here's the original post.

There's no dates here, so I presumed THIS Friday morning.

I don't know Mr. Beck; John or Glenn <g>

- Blaine

----- Forwarded message from John Beck -----

Hi Wayne.

I have appreciated the work of the NRC through the years - especially the help given to me when I was a producer at HCJB in Quito. In an effort to perhaps pay back some of that help I wanted to pass along the following.

It is my understanding that WGN, WFCR and WBBM in Chicago will be off air from 2 AM to 5 AM Friday morning. It isn't often that these power houses are all off at the same time. It might give some of us the chance to catch some stations that are normally covered by these signals. This scheduled outage may be cancelled due to weather or other conflicts.

I will send more information as I hear it.

Thank you.

John E. Beck
WB0RX