[IRCA] RIP Kirk Allen.....Longtime ULR BCB DXer Remembered.........

[IRCA] RIP Kirk Allen.....Longtime ULR BCB DXer Remembered.........

Hello Everyone:

   It is with a saddened Heart that I write this email informing The ULR and RADIO Community in general of the Passing of my Longtime Friend and DX Buddy, Kirk Allen of Ponca City, Oklahoma.

According to the Obituary, which is attached in this message, Kirk Passed away on Feb/19/2012 at home. I am not aware of the details at this time.

Kirk and I go a long way back into the Early 1980's when I first knew of Kirk as a fellow member of the old "Numero Uno" and "Fine Tuning" Radio Clubs. Kirk was also a Good Friend of our late ULR Co-Founder, John Bryant of Stillwater, Oklahoma and Richard Allen of Perry, Oklahoma.

Kirk was very active here on the ULR Group and was an inspiration to us all with his Enthusiasm towards the ULR Hobby. Kirk had logged just under 900 Stations with his ULR Radios, and specialized in DXing LATIN Stations. Kirk also had a great Interest in Short Wave Radio and was a Leading DX'er in "Indonesian Regional Stations" back in the 1980's and 90's and
had Heard and Verified many Hard to hear Low Powered Indonesians!!

Kirk also had a fond spot for "PIRATE RADIO" and was the founder of one of the most Famous USA Shortwave Pirate Stations..."The Voice of Laryngitis". This was one of the FIRST PIRATE stations I ever logged back in the early 1980's.

Everything Kirk did in the Radio Hobby was performed with Gusto....and I am one DXer who is happy to have been a RADIO BUDDY of his. I never met Kirk in Person, but through the years admired his radio artisitry. I had not heard from Kirk in about 2 weeks, and it is a real shock to now find out why.

The ULR GROUP I'm sure remembers Kirk's many Loggings and his wry sense of Humour in his Postings.

Kirk you will be missed........and say hi to our old buddy John when you bump into him!! If there's a Dx Heaven....it just got a lot richer!

http://www.poncacitynews.com/obits/Kirk-Stanley-Allen

Regards.........ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA