[IRCA] FINALLY!! My FIRST(!) ULR Canadian log - CKWX!! Thanks, KSDO, for...

[IRCA] FINALLY!! My FIRST(!) ULR Canadian log - CKWX!! Thanks, KSDO, for...

... shutting off your transmitter for over an hour a few nights ago so I could have a chance at bagging 1130 CKWX on your channel.  It was very much appreciated.

So I caught my nearest blowtorch pest, 10kW 1130 KSDO (6.3 mi, 350°) off the air on the 29th of Dec, so I grabbed the SAT and my Zoom H2n so I could record 1130 to see what was lurking there.  Upon checking the recording a short while ago, I heard a traffic lead-in and a News 1130 promo that seemed to match the promos I heard on CKWX's online stream.

New Canadian Log:  1130 CKWX Vancouver, BC - 1176 mi (1892 km), 346° - 2011-12-29, 4:41am PST - Tecsun PL-606 with Select-A-Tenna
Audio Clip:  http://www.mediafire.com/?xlio3tjmzsttvj8
Total countries now heard: 6 - USA, Mexico (XEWW is 69-70 dBu barefoot daytime on PL-606), Japan (JOUB & JOAK), North Korea (657), South Korea (972, 1566), Canada (CKLW).  Not counted yet is a possible-but-unconfirmed 1575 Thailand and 1557 Taiwan from last year.  (I made recordings, and could link them if I could find them and re-upload them.)

So I had left the recording running unattended for a little over an hour, but was unable to capture the 5:00am PST TOH ID.  Upon returning, I retuned to 1120 to see if I could get KPNW from Eugene, OR.  (I've already logged KANN Roy, UT (with a barefoot SRF-59 shortly before sunset one evening this past summer, with KSDO on the air), and I figure that KMOX at an approximate right angle to KSDO's transmitter from here would be easier than KPNW almost in line.)  Here are a few clips below...

http://www.mediafire.com/?174j2ms5h94h4f3 - at 2:06 in this clip KSDO came back on, completely splattering 1120 with their Radio Nueva Vida music.
KSDO seems to have been in a talk segment with fairly long breaks during the next 3 clips.  If there's no clue buried under 1110 KDIS's IBOC in the previous recording, are there any clues to 1120's identity in the following clips?  (The radio & antenna was oriented to favor signals from the north/northwest general direction.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?adia9ka3lfurp5i
http://www.mediafire.com/?4n808v3futvoel9
http://www.mediafire.com/?kqmd3k2nw0r48ki

If I built a FSL (which last I checked the parts are still $100-$150 or so too expensive for me for the "affordable" version), would it be selective and directional enough to bring in KPNW (840 mi, 339°) and CKLW as clear as I normally receive KSDO barefoot, without any trace of QRM or blocking/desense from KSDO?  BTW, at the spot where I recorded CKLW and 1120's unID, KSDO checks in at night on my PL-606 at about 71/25 barefoot, and 88/25 when using the SAT.

Also, during the San Diego blackout last September (IIRC) when KSDO was off, I was unable to bag CKLW then, but I did catch KQNA Prescott Valley, AZ, on late, and have also bagged KRDU Dinuba, CA, at other times KSDO has been off.

73,  Stephen (El Cajon / La Mesa, CA - near San Diego)