From: Rick Dau <drummer1965usa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ABDX <ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; National Radio Club <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; irca <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Nov 21, 2011 11:42 pm
Subject: [IRCA] The University of Georgia Loses Its Voice

While I'm not surprised (having known Larry had been in poor health for a
hile), I'm still extremely saddened.  Munson was an unabashed homer, and he and
he late Bob Ufer (University of Michigan football, 1945-1981) were two guys who
et you know just how passionate they were about their teams.  Larry was always
njoyable to listen to, and I'm glad that WSB had the good sense to play back
ay games in their entirety after Midnight on Saturday nights back in the day.
e are truly losing the greats in collegiate sports broadcasting -- Oklahoma's
ob Barry just a few weeks ago and now Larry.  Hope the new generation of pbp
eople can appreciate (and learn from) the ones that came before them in the
ndustry.

3,
ick Dau (who grew up listening to Lyell Bremser on KFAB and then Jim Zabel on
HO)
outh Omaha, Nebraska

_______________________________
rom: Ira Elbert New III <ien3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
o: American Broadcast <abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; International Radio Club of
merica <ircamember@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; AM Radio <am@xxxxxxxxx>; National Radio
lub <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; TVFM AMDX <amdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; AM FMDX
amfmdx@xxxxxxxxx>; radiobroadcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dxlogs@xxxxxxxxxxxx;
rca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dxhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ent: Monday, November 21, 2011 9:38 PM
ubject: [ABDX] The University of Georgia Loses Its Voice

ttp://onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2011-11-20/longtime-uga-broadcaster-larry-munson-dies
ttp://www.ajc.com/video?bcpid=97471435001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAFAsZ1c~,8MkVRvW0DmauKT3uAriKKf2yHzTPz5MP&bclid=1716449804&bctid=1286811864001

ert New Watkinsville, Georgia Proudly Serving You Since 1964!
_._,_.___
eply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
essages in this topic (1)
ecent Activity: 	* New Members 2
isit Your Group
he ABDX website www.abdx.org!
ARKETPLACE
tay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the
ahoo! Toolbar now.

witch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

ontributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its
ditors, publishing staff, or officers