[IRCA] Cod tongues and French fries DXpedition Report

[IRCA] Cod tongues and French fries DXpedition Report

Finally, decent enough internet access in the basement dx den here in Cappahayden Newfoundland to send a DX report.

Have been here since the eve of the 9th with Chuck Hutton and Jim Renfrew. Mostly mediocre cx. In past two years India AIR sign-ons have been scattered throughout the dial; this year just a weak handful. No real far-out Russians, or China, thus far via TA. No TPs whatsoever, save a possible drop of audio on 828 and not sure about that. The more common stations in Angola, Botswana and Lesotho.

Jim left today, but before he did we finally had some very decent cx to Brazil last night, many low-power outfits from well into that country. We also noted WFED 1500 off, as many of you did, and our coastal QTH enabled Brazil, among others. Also netted Paraguay on 780, 920, 970; various Argentineans.

Cuba not so hot the past two nights, whicvh is fine with us. But that also means we''ve not been able to get anything on the 670 that's being reported.. Our DX southwards is hopping right over the caribbean. Not even much from usual pests in Venezuela.

This evening (Tue eve) more of the same, but not quite as intense as Monday overnight.

The subject line, btw, refers to some of the food here.

More as it happens, a fuller report as perseus and mp3 recordings are analyzed.

Saul Chernos