[IRCA] Recorder picking up station by itself, how to prevent without reducing signal strength?

[IRCA] Recorder picking up station by itself, how to prevent without reducing signal strength?

Hi all,

I was trying to record an experiment with my Tecsun PL-606 several days ago.  Unfortunately, the Zoom H2n recorder I was using (which otherwise seems to be a very good recorder) was picking up a station's mid-strength(?) signal with JUST the audio patch cord plugged in, without even having the PL-606 attached!
http://www.mediafire.com/?1sc854wnk4h0js4
When I unplugged the cord from the H2n it no longer picked up the station (just picked up the surrounding sounds via the built-in mic), but I need the cord to capture the output from the PL-606.

Is there some way I can stop the patch cable from picking up the station's signal, WITHOUT reducing the station's received strength in any way?  I need the signal to be that strong for some experiments I'm wanting to do with my PL-606.  I think it's probably one of the cheap Radio Shack black cables I'm using - is it possible a better quality patch cable might be better shielded and not pick up the station's ~150-170dBµV/m 1170 kHz signal?

Thanks and 73,
Stephen