Re: [IRCA] Oct. 25th TPs: Where'd They Go?

Re: [IRCA] Oct. 25th TPs: Where'd They Go?

Each to their own I guess, but 13 and 11 meters (closest SWBC bands to 10
meters ham band) is populated by only a few stations, and ho-hum major
broadcasters at that.

I'd much rather be chasing some weak overseas MW or tropical bands DX with
real programming, interesting ethnic music, etc.

That's the cool thing about radio though; so many frequencies &
modes...there's something for everyone, whether you are into the two-way
operation or... <gasp> "just listening"   :^)

I must admit, though, that during trips into Canada for DXpeditions my ham
license has come in handy to "prove" to border agents that I'm a real radio
hobbyist and not some terrorist trying to sneak in high tech gear and
suspicious reels of wire.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

Message: 2