Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] West Michigan DU Log Oct.8th, 2011

Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] West Michigan DU Log Oct.8th, 2011

Very nice..makes me wish that I'd gone out and set up this morning. I haven't been doing much lately from IL from my east field due to severe line noise since the July storms.

Today I should finish setting up my Double KAZ antenna (like a DHDL but the feed and termination end sides are sloped like a KAZ delta flag) which models with very good F/B across a spectrum somewhat larger than BCB.

It seems that your cx today were better for Tahiti than Aus so I presume there wasn't much trace of QRM or a 2NR SAH on 738.

With the later sunrises it will be easy for me to simply wake up at 0645 local, head out to the DX truck and then come in after 7 am news etc and go to work. Previous testing has shown the that Perseus with NR (occ aided by NB) is lots better at getting readable audio thru the line noise than the R8A (even though it has good NB) but whether this will enable me to copy the occ weak DU audio is another question.

You may wish to record a somewhat wider spectrum. I think ideal cx and some luck could bring in NZ on 567 or even 675 (not sure how battered you are by WSCR). Also pre-IBOC I had a strong carrier on 612 (Brisbane 50 KW) occ.

73 KAZ in Barrington IL..not expecting to get to Grafton WI DX site for a couple more weeks.