Re: [IRCA] TP for 6 Sep2011: DU all the way

Re: [IRCA] TP for 6 Sep2011: DU all the way

Your new location may be a haven for DU's, Walt. I checked my own recording from that morning, and the best DU here was 1548...with a good carrier! This on a westerly facing corner-fed loop. So that body of salt water down the road from you may be helping.

On the other hand, although Asiatics were generally pretty poor here by then, there was a nice boost around 1320UT above 1250 kHz on some channels:

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

1287 JOHR at 1323UT, perfectly readable JJ by a woman

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

1566 HLAZ at 1324 with organ mx and male vocal

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker

1323 CRI ?? sounded like RR talk by woman briefly fading up at 1320...Shuanghyashan presumably; Hutubi would be quite a catch especially at this time of year. (it is grayline however; dream on!)

best wishes,

Nick