Re: [IRCA] Newfoundland DX 560 CHVO Carbonear

Re: [IRCA] Newfoundland DX 560 CHVO Carbonear

Hello to Bill in BC and the Group

In answer to Bill's query. the local station that occupied 560 on the dial from Carbonear has since moved to FM 103.9  a while ago and now that part of the band only has a CBC outlet on 540 in Grand Falls-Windsor and of course the powerhouse out of St. John's, VOCM on 590 as locals.

 From our location here in Bristol's Hope, VOCM is subdued somewhat in strength creating an opportunity for more DX either side of the frequency.

Just last night I was able to hear Spain on 558 and 567 once again. Also France on 603 is more commonly heard now. On 800 which is also occupied by a St. John's station , I just logged Spain on 801 for the very first time as well. The one station on 560 that is commonly heard here now since the departure of the Carbonesr station is WGAN in Portland,Maine

It's amazing what a difference even a few miles across the water in Conception Bay can make here in the "The Hope" for DX"

Good DX to all

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland
47:43N  53:11W