[IRCA] Fwd: Topband: Its not over until its over

[IRCA] Fwd: Topband: Its not over until its over

For those interested in propagation, the following may be of interest, from the Topband mailing list.

the 2008-2009 top band peaks may be explained here

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/New_Insights_on_How_Solar_Minimums_Affect_Earth_999.html

But there may be a repeat performance in the offing

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Scientists_predict_rare_hibernation_of_sunspots_999.html

More detail may be found at:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/06/14/all-three-of-these-lines-of-research-to-point-to-the-familiar-sunspot-cycle-shutting-down-for-a-while/

(and I suspect elsewhere, without the "we told you so" comments, hi)

This could have effects far beyond MW propagation, and I suspect that it is the first time that mainstream solar scientists have addressed this possibility, after failing rather spectacularly to predict how this present solar cycle would progress. Could be interesting times.

best wishes,

Nick