Re: [IRCA] CBXQ Vs CBU

Pat, At your location in Seaside, CBU is better than twice the signal than CBXQ because of the power difference of 1250 to 1.But that gives the little guy a much greater distance to power reatio than the big guy.If CBXQ was running 50 K it would probably reach San Francisco with ground wave. I used to listen to 1510 Boston from Saint John NB with just a barefoot portable giving me a fair signal with minimum noise and at a distance of + or - 300 miles across open water. Bill in BC