Re: [IRCA] DX Tips for WDXR

Even back in the mid 80s when we were getting lots of strong AU
conditions that knocked out everything to the North & East, all I got
was KRAK Sacramento stronger.  I got lots of low power goodies through
those years, Pomona 1220, Inglewood 1460, Paso Robles 1230, Mojave 1340,
Coalinga 1470, to name a few. Many with night lp too. Great DX during
that period for rare Central & Southern CA stations. But no sign on Lake
Isabella 1140. I have a few most wanted CA's and that one is one of
them, along with Vista 1000. Tried over and over for Vista on 1000 when
KOMO was off, but nothing other than Chicago, Oklahoma City and Brazil
(Radio Record). I sure would like to see those days return. However when
I do get decent CA cx, not outstanding like the 80, I get so darn much
IBOC. Those antennas of mine work, but often they work too well. I get a
taste of what the So IBOC noise is without being there. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR