From: d1028gary@xxxxxxx <d1028gary@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] PL-606 LW/MW plug-in antenna mod?
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 9:01 PM

Hi Stephen,

A detailed photo showing the Tecsun PL-606 loopstick connections is
posted at http://www.mediafire.com/i/?d7i9qy8o5nz4rrr

When you access the link, click on the "Large" photo option, then
follow the two Litz wire connections from the loopstick's left side to
the "AM Coil" terminals on the upper left side of the circuit board.
These are the two connections that you will need to reroute to an
external hard-wired antenna, should you desire to permanently improve
upon the PL-606's AM or LW performance. Of course, the use of
inductively coupled external antennas like tuned passive loops (ferrite
or air core) will allow you to temporarily boost the PL-606's AM or LW
performance without the need to perform any such "surgery" on the radio
itself.

73, Gary