[IRCA] WXYG-540 Sauk Rapids, MN back on air

[IRCA] WXYG-540 Sauk Rapids, MN back on air

DX buddy Todd in Woodbury told me to relay this message 2 days ago. Maybe I should check & see if it's still on! He says their new format is thrash metal, sometimes also called death metal. We were wondering if this is the only MW station with this format?

They're relatively low-powered and directional (day & night), but the odd format (if still on) should help alert DXers they might be getting it. This station isn't listed at radio-locator.com or Barry's site, either.

They've been on (and off) a short time with various formats. They're the 22nd station within 20 miles of St. Cloud if I counted correctly. Plus dozens more are strong. 73, George S., MN