Re: [IRCA] 30 years of skywave DXing

>>Craig Healy wrote Imagine if Doc Brown in "Back To The Future" had
brought me a Drake R8B and loop antenna in 1955. Or brought ME back to
1955. Imagine the DX with today's experience!<<

Great stories guys, down memory lane. I have always thought, what if I
would have had the beverage back in the 60s when the frequencies were
open on MM's. Hearing Coast to Coast DX was common place and running
1500 feet to the East then, what would I have heard? One of my best
catches was in 1971 when I logged and QSL'd WNUE 1400 Ft. Watton Beach
FL on a DX Test!  Those days, 1400 was wide open to the East every MM.
DXers in the NW were hearing OH, NJ, etc on 1400! Amazing stuff we may
never hear again. We kind of got a taste of that once again when the X
Band opened up, but for me it was good & bad. Good, I was logging NJ,
MD, etc on the X Band, but bad as I do not hear tons of the 500 watters
from Australia on the X Band any longer, with the frequencies so
crowded.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin