[IRCA] Antenna experimenting

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, I have 3) EWE's and the 1500' Eastern beverage. I
tried an interesting experiment the other night. I use SO239 connectors,
so I ran a Y connector off the antenna input on the back of the SPR4 and
started running two antennas together. I found some interesting results.
Running two antennas in, you get some interesting patterns. Using the NE
EWE and Beverage, I lost KPTK 1090 Seattle in the jumble leaving CHQR
mainly on top. 550 Khz which has KOAC Convallis and KBOW Butte MT off
the beverage, I found a jumble with some talk station, probably KFYR I
would guess. I have no idea what type of pattern this gives me, but it
is interesting. I probably don't have the 50 ohms going into the
receiver, running two pieces of coax in at the same time, but it does
work. I should try to build a switch to run multible connections at the
same time. I wonder how a 3rd antenna in the mix would do?  Has anyone
else tried this?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin