[IRCA] WFNY-1440 and WKVQ-1540 DX tests heard in Vermont

[IRCA] WFNY-1440 and WKVQ-1540 DX tests heard in Vermont

Despite being sick with acute bronchitis last week, I managed enough strength to get up at one in the morning and catch both WFNY and WKVQ in Saint Albans, Vermont on my Sony ICF-2010. Hard to muster the energy to report these earlier, but I wanted to get them to Saul before he compiles his reports.

WFNY heard 3/6 from 0100-0115 EST with Morse code IDs at two different pitches and some classic rock like "California Dreamin'" very weakly underneath WHKZ.

WKVQ heard 3/12 from 0100-0124 EST with Christmas music and Morse code IDs weakly under CHIN at the beginning of the test, with KXEL mixing in later. Oddly, no sign of WDCD.

Thanks to all who made these two tests possible! Hope I'm feeling better for next weekend's test.

Steve Howe
Saint Albans, VT and Albany, NY