[IRCA] Radio Heritage 14 February Donors Wanted

[IRCA] Radio Heritage 14 February Donors Wanted

For anyone interested:
---
Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.com

Just 14 More Donors Needed
for February and Good News!
__________________________

We're humbled by your response since writing about six weeks ago
about our financial challenges in 2011!

Not only did we fully cover our January operating expenses....but
many of you took the time to tell us how important the work we do is
to you...and sent us even more features, stories and images to keep
us busy!

We know you understand the need to take care of the stuff connected
to radio broadcasting..the stories, tape recordings, photos,
memorabilia and all the bits and pieces that continue to daily help
shape our popular culture....and how much you value going online at
www.radioheritage.com for free.

We'd really like to keep it that way. If you made a donation in
January [and we've replied personally to you all] then this next bit
is now for others who would like to take a turn and help us in
February.

Will you please take a turn this month?
_______________________________________

Please visit www.radioheritage.com now and use the donation button in
the top right hand corner 'Fund Raising 2011' ...... our target for
February is 14 more donors who will donate US$100 each. Even US$40
will sponsor one day for us, so you can see how you can quickly make
a big difference.

Mini-Campaigns Launched
_______________________

Since January we've also started testing some mini-campaigns to reach
businesses who benefit from commercial radio. You can see several of
these postcards in the Kiwi Radio Campaign News feature at
www.radioheritage.com. Sponsor one and get involved with a
mini-campaign yourself!

We've also been asked by many of you to keep adding more content. We
said we would do this if operational funding costs could be covered
and so far it's looking good! Thank you!

Say 'Yes' to the new website!
_____________________________

So, we dusted off the plans for our new 'Facebook meets Wiki' style
website and asked the web company to go ahead on the basis we pay
them only if we have the funds! We've started a special project
funding campaign at www.indiegogo.com [enter 'Unlocking the Vaults']
to find the US$3,033 we need for this because we're hopeful one
commercial sponsor will pick this up and have a story and product or
service to share that you'll also enjoy.

We're also advertising for a temporary part time volunteer to start
work in mid-March on loading lots of great new content from our
backlog. If you're interested, you can read our ad at
www.thebigidea.co.nz, just look under 'Work-Jobs & Opportunities'.

We will do our best to respect your ongoing help and bring you much
more material from our vaults as we carefully balance the financial
demands we're facing each day.

The Bank Manager
________________

Here at the Radio Heritage Foundation we've done this out of our own
pockets for over 5 years, but our bank manager has said no more,
operational costs have to come from elsewhere in 2011. We want to
keep the site free and add much more from the boxes of tapes,
directories, old radio programs, photos and other stuff that keeps
stacking up on a daily basis.

Please visit www.radioheritage.com now and use the donation button in
the top right hand corner 'Fund Raising 2011' and be one of the
February target of 14 donors who will donate US$100 each. Even US$40
will make a big difference and cover one days operational costs.

No such thing as a 'Free Lunch"
_______________________________

Your donation helps cover the costs of storing and researching nearly
100,000 tapes, cassettes, QSL cards, and other radio memorabilia
items; office expenses like printer cartridges, postage, paper,
travelling to protect and save materials from destruction, and all
the other expenses that add up over a year so that we can continue
sharing material through our website.

Governments are slashing budgets and radio stations themselves are
focussed on financial survival and see no reason to meet these costs.
That leaves it up to people like you and I and we know it's shaping
up as another tough year for many people.

Radio Moves Us
______________

Please go to www.radioheritage.com and donate now, with just 14
donations of US$100 we will meet 85% of the monthly running costs for
February, and even US$40 will cover one day.

Radio moves our hearts and minds, informs and entertains us and is
part of the fabric of our daily lives. Hundreds of people like you
have helped us with donations, buying books and CDs and contributing
to our library and collections. Help us to continue to honor this
trust again in 2011.

Thanks for continuing to keep it all free!

Thank you for joining us in 2011. You're making it possible to
continue to keep this website free to use for everyone, and to keep
bringing together our radio heritage, popular culture and nostalgia
for all to enjoy. Please ask your friends and colleagues to visit
www.radioheritage.com as well.

David Ricquish, Chairman, Radio Heritage Foundation
PO Box 20024, Newtown, Wellington 6242, New Zealand.

PS.....Our annual report and accounts are available through the
Charities Commission link at the bottom of every page at
www.radioheritage.com. Unsubscribe by emailing info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'Unsubscribe' in the subject header.
Registered as a non-profit organization [charity] and New
Zealand residents can get a one-third tax refund for donations. For
example, a NZ$150 donation qualifies for a NZ$50 refund.

Please make an online donation here today - www.radioheritage.com.
---

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA