[IRCA] Tecsun PL-606 & case

I bought a Tecsun PL-606, which took abt 3 wks to arrive from Singapore,
total ~$60 (incl shipping). Sweet little radio! FM is superb, surprisingly
sensitive. LW is so-so; haven't heard a single thing yet (but I'm in a noisy
so-so reception area). AM is very good, terrifically directional w/the
little loopstick inside, easily separating 3 faint stations here on 1040,
and on  1690,  during daytime. It can almost 100% phase out the Pittsburgh
blowtorches here. Quickly tried SW and seems to perform well.

For those who have a PL-606, or will buy one, I found the perfect case at
Walmart. It's a Case Logic PHDC-1, under $10. It's a hard-shell case
designed for a hard drive, but the PL-606 fits into it like the case was mfd
specifically for it! Plus, the case has a little pocket for the earbuds. Now
I have a compact, sturdy case for the radio, which I can toss in my
briefcase, the glove box, or suitcase. Nice!

Fred Schroyer
Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
Waynesburg, PA 15370
(40 air miles S of Pittsburgh, 20 N of Morgantown, WV)
ibfreditor@xxxxxxxxx