[IRCA] Daytime dx scan and receiver test

[IRCA] Daytime dx scan and receiver test

01/09/11 , 15:45 PM PST --Victoria BC ,A Bandscan with a Grundig S 350 DL  revealed some unusual skip conditions on this sunny but cool Sunday at 14:30 PST with good signals on 680 with Spanish music from the east; 810 in WA had Religious in strong and steady(no KGO ) 620,750,860,1190,1520 and 1550 in OR sounded like locals; 970 had religion from the east? ; 1220 with Religious program so not from CAL ;1330 in good with religious talk;1350 KRLL ?; 1360 KUIK ? ; 1390 with a sports game coming thru 1380's digi hash; 1410 Portland trying to push Van BC out; 1470 WA on top of Van BC ; Spanish on 1560,1570,and 1660. 1600 had Spanish under Blaine WA from eastern direction. Scan time was limited and could not verify with log.------ This Receiver has good audio with bass and treble on max but reception is less than the best with signal cutback when wide-narrow switch is on narrow trading in sensitivity for selectivity.And Selectivity does not eliminate
 signal width on the locals. and some IF images are showing up such as a moderate signal from 1450 coming thru on 540. Digital readout is 2 single numbers higher than best tuned signal on centre by ear.Tuning is not continuous and has low and high end stop and shortwave bands are seperated into sections.Not as good as my other digital receiver; the Redsun RP2100. I think I'll take this $90 Grundig back to The Scource before my 30 day purchase return time runs out. Bill in BC