From: "bill kral" <jwkral@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:17 PM
To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Re : 1710

The signal on 1710 was much stronger last night around midnight but I was a little dismayed at what I heard.It turned out to be a mix of my local 900 and KGO 810 SF so I tried to figure out how an IF image of those two signals could show up on 1710. 455 Khz x 2 is 910 so 1710 - 910 = 800 . that doesn 't quite fit in but it's not that far off. Does anybody out there know how this can happen with a digitally tuned receiver? And does the signal strength of the fluctuating image depend on KGO's signal as the other part of the mix is a local which is normally steady all the time? There is no trace of any 900 image daytime so I can safely assume that it is the addition of 810 to the 900 that produces the image.Any possible explanation would be welcome. Thanks. Bill in BC