[IRCA] Storm on OR coast

We had another rain & wind storm last night. I did not think the wind
was that strong, but it did shake the house a couple of times. Got up
this morning and noticed the termination on the NW EWE had snapped. When
I went out to repair it, I saw no TV antenna and the pole had snapped
and antenna was hanging by the coax behind the shed. Too wet and windy
today to do much. I did repair the NW EWE and I also found the junction
box broken. The cows were in the backyard the other day, so that was
probably what happened there, so I fixed that. The TV antenna, I
disconnected to mast  and found the front of the antenna bent where it
fell, so I straightened that out. Then reconnected the broken 5 foot
piece of the mast and pounded it into the soft ground and repointed it
North and it works fine. We are supposed to have a somewhat dry day
tomorrow, so I bought a new mast from Home Depot, so hopefully I can get
the antenna back up tomorrow. If not, it may be days, as it will be rain
rain rain all week.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin