Re: [IRCA] 1710 Russian Station

<<  Gary DeBock-- if you're reading this can you try 1710 and  let us know
if you
hear the station in your Puyallup valley location? It's  not even close to
being in audio here.  >>

Hi Guy,

As I recall, when the 1710 Russian was first discovered (and many of  us
were investigating the bearing), you and I both came up with a 1710  spurious
signal (apparently a mix of 710-KIRO and 1000-KOMO) that nulled toward
Vashon Island. This made it difficult for us to dig out the real  1710-Russian
signal, which came from true north (not from around 300 degrees,  like the
spur). There were only a few times that I could hear the real  1710-Russian
signal weakly, and that was around local midnight on the 9' loop  (in the back
yard).

73, Gary

In a message dated 12/6/2010 9:57:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,