[IRCA] Daytime DX

12-06-10  Nanaimo BC to Victoria BC  with moving scan at 8:45 AM PST. on 1440 with not much talk or advertising so enjoyed listening to oldies from Wetaskiwin Alberta, not far south of Edmonton,with listenable signal steady for at least an hour on W 1440, a 10KW station about 500 miles from Vancouver Island.A couple of times KMED in Medford OR took over during W's fade-outs but W managed to stay with me until about 9:45 AM.Most of the bigger Albertans were gone sooner so I wonder how a station with only 1/5th the power could outlast all the big powerhouses.------------------------------------------------------------------------------At 3PM today the best signal out this way from the east was CBK 540 IN SK so if it could run with a European sized transmitter it could easily cover ground from Victoria to Toronto or points east of there as I remember hearing them once on a frosty morning in To.Bill in BC