[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 3 Dec and 4 Dec 2010

[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 3 Dec and 4 Dec 2010

First of all, congrats to Steve on hearing France on 162 this morning. Here in Alberta I've heard the odd European on LW in the morning, but never succeeded in hearing any on MW. We do hear the Middle East, with the UAE, Kuwait, and Iran heard in the morning, but those aren't truly TAs, as the path is more over the pole from here.

My observations for the past two mornings:

3 December

A very interesting morning. The regular Asians from Japan were completely absent, and instead I was hearing central Asian and middle eastern stations. Had a number of days like that last season, but this is the first this season.

1026 - weak audio with man and woman talking. Seemed Russian, but too weak to be 100% certain. 1098 - Second best signal, behind Farda, with talk in unfamiliar language. I'm guessing this is China's Golmud transmitter, which reportedly has moved here from 1134 and broadcasts the Tibetan service. 1107 - faint audio with music on flute-type instrument @1430. Most likely Urumqi, as heard here the past two seasons.
1116 - weak non-English audio with talk by a man @1422
1287 - unID, with faint music at 1452
1422 - Talk by woman @1429.  Likely CRI from Kashi
1521 - CRI in Russian from Urmuqi
1566 - HLAZ, S.Korea
1539 - VOA in Urdu from the UAE
1548 - faint audio at 1444. Wasn't German, possibly R.Sawa from Kuwait.
1575 - Radio Farda from the UAE.  Very nice level at times.

4 December:
Conditions weren't as good as on the 3rd. Farda on 1575 was in again, but not as well, nor for as long as on the 3rd. Korea on 1566 was heard (no ID, but can't think who else would be playing Silent Night). CRI's Russian service from Urmuqi on 1521 was quite good at 1330, //7255 khz and others, but was way down by sunrise time just after 1500. Traces of audio on 774 was the only east Asian audio noted beond Korea on 1566.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta