Re: [IRCA] TP report from Kauai for 2Dec2010

Re: [IRCA] TP report from Kauai for 2Dec2010

Hi Walt,

Your Eton E100 "Slider" model is capable of tuning the entire X-band, but
only when 10 kHz tuning steps are selected (and not when 9 kHz steps are
selected, as your model apparently has been set up to  do).

To switch to 10 kHz tuning steps (and enable coverage from 520-1710  kHz),
use the following procedure:

1)  Turn off the radio
2)  Press the "Sys. Set" button (the same as the "Enter"  button).
3)  Quickly use the numeric keys to press "1" and then "0."   A "10" will
then
         be displayed in the upper  right part of the display.

4)  Within 5 seconds, press the "Enter" button. A "10 kHz" will
         then briefly be  shown in the lower part of the display, before
the clock
         function returns.
5)  When the radio is turned back on, it will tune from 520-1710 in 10  kHz
        steps, but you can still  select the 9 kHz split frequencies
manually by
        tuning in 1 kHz steps with the  tuning knob.

To shift back to 9 kHz tuning steps (and 522-1620 kHz coverage), follow
the same procedural steps but substitute "09" for "10." Thanks  again for your
detailed DXing reports from Kauai, Walt-- which are certainly far  more
exciting than any TP-DXing activity going on in the local area.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

 In a message dated 12/2/2010 5:36:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,