Re: [IRCA] travel with radio gear

The physical 'travel' component of 'getting there' is certainly
not as easy breezy as it once was, but the World has changed.

That said, I find the TSA generally pleasant, occasionally 'short'
or frustrated (as are the travelers) and doing the best they can.

There is no argument here: This whole "frisk" and x-ray full body
routine is merely security 'theater' - because think about it:
If an actual red blooded terrorist actually gets to the security
check point with boarding pass in hand, the system has failed.

The way I see it, fear is an industry and business is booming.

I need to travel occasionally so I grin, bear it, and try and
look good while electronically naked.

So go on: Take your radios lads and lasses. You will as likely
get a smile as a hassle.

73,

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 03:20:41 +0000 Walter Salmaniw <canswl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Call it security fatigue, then, Colin.  I'm tired of having to take my shoes
>off, my belt off, any bottles greater than 3 oz, toothpaste, nail clippers,
>etc etc.  Travel is not a lot of fun anymore (getting there), as it once
>was.  It's fatiguing and frustrating, so mostly I can't be bothered anymore
>lugging along my radio equipment, as I once did years ago!  .....Walt

Colin Newell is the editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com, DXer.ca and BobHarris.com Amateur Radio VA7WWV - Victoria B.C. Canada | Twitter.com/coffeecrew