[IRCA] Kauai report for 1 Dec2010

Slept in this morning, so my report will be brief.  Monitored between 16:43
and 17:11, rather late, but there were still a substantial number of
stations audible, though mostly at reduced strength, of course.  Switched
over afterward to check the tropical bands....perhaps one of the few  parts
of the world where there's still a decent number of stations to be heard.
Here's the list:

549:  fair to good at 16:43, and good at 17:03 in CC.  My guess would be the
high power CNR5 service to Taiwan.
585:  fair with music
594:  JJ at fair to good level at 17:04 (always lots of splatter here)
612:  DU at fair level.
621:  Always a loud het here, no audio heard today, though.
630:  Call-in show.  I had assumed that it was Australia, but I also notice
that KUAM Guam is listed here.  Too weak to tell the accent (it was in
English).  Wonder whether KUAM does any talk-ins? (fair reception)
666:  poor to fair to NW.  ?// to 594 so likely JOBK
729:  poor
738:  poor to fair, seemingly DU initially, but by 17:08 max strength to
West, so probable Taiwan Fisheries then.
972:  Likely KK at poor/fair at 16:52
1026, 1098 (OC), 1116:  poor
1170:  poor to fair to West, so likely VOA Poro
1287:  poor to fair to NW.  JJ likely
1377:  poor to fair to NW.  Most likely CC
1386:  poor to fair to NW/SE. unid
1404:  poor to fair to N/NW
1467:  poor/fair to south.  Not oriental sounding.  Time pips, though, at
17:00.  ?Fiji, but do they use time pips?
1548:  Australia at good level at 17:01
1566:  Finally received some signal on 1566 with piano at 17:01.  Not sure
whether this is KK or Australia.  Poor.
1593:  fair to good to west with het as well.  CNR1 plus someone else?

That's it for today.  Tomorrow we return to Hanalei on the north coast (drop
dead gorgeous, and fabulous snorkeling), and then the next day it's back to
Honolulu for several days.  73s,........Walt