[IRCA] OT LPTV or TV Translator call signs.

[IRCA] OT LPTV or TV Translator call signs.

I know this is OT, but we do have several TV DXers here that post. My
understanding is that LPTV's have regular 4-call letter signs like full
power stations and translators have the number/letter set like K17XJ. Is
this correct? That is what our translators here have.   Also, I have
heard that the date the FCC wants LPTV's to go digital is by 2012. If
so, are TV translators included? Thanks.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR