[IRCA] TPs in Seattle 11-23-10

Conditions weren't all that great this morning. A few of the regulars were in when I checked 1335-1405, but they were generally below average strength.

A rare November snowstorm apparently knocked KGNW-820 off the air for a while, allowing clear reception of the North Korean on 819 //2850. It was in and out 1340-1400, and then had a decent signal at 1400 with 3+1 time pips, woman in Korean, and then an operatic vocal song. That was the high point of the morning. KGNW was back on at 1420 recheck but was about 20 db weaker than normal.

I rechecked the band a couple of times 1415-1500 but very little was noted except some hets and carriers. There was no sunrise enhancement today. It was more of a sunrise degradation.

Good reception, much of it understandable by a native speaker
Nobody

Fair reception, some of it understandable by a native speaker
747 JOIB
774 JOUB, but only during very brief pauses in the KTTH splatter
819 North Korea
1566 HLAZ

Weak reception, bits of recognizable audio
594 presumed JOAK with talk
693 JOAB //747
828 JOBB //747
1575 presumed VOA w/trace audio