[IRCA] Morning Dashboard DX - Nov 18, 2010

[IRCA] Morning Dashboard DX - Nov 18, 2010

This must be the time of year for dashboard DX'ing!

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have a 6:15 AM CST telecon, so I'm usually on my
way to work by 5:30 AM.
This morning, around 5:34 AM CST (1134 UTC), I was listening to 760 kHz.
Instead of the usual monster
signal from XEABC in Mexico City, I heard another station with a "good" signal.
It wasn't booming in, but
it was strong enough to copy.

The news announcer was reading news highlights, mentioning the Mexican Estado of
"Chiapas" in almost
every item.  There was a continuous sound track running beneath the announcer,
which made it difficult to
understand sometimes.  Then at 5:40 AM CST (1140 UTC) I heard a semi-ID, "Radio
Uno" and the announcer
mentioned "San Cristobal" and  "Chiapas" several more times.

Could it be that I was listening to XERA from San Cristobal, Chiapas, Mexico?
Wow!  That would be another
totally new Mexican station for me!

Maybe the reason I was not hearing XEABC was that they were still on their night
pattern, while daybreak had
already occurred in Chiapas?  At least that's what my trusty "DX Edge"
indicates!

Anybody else heard this station?

Stephen H. Ponder, N5WBI
"Many great deeds are performed in the small
struggles of life." - Victor Hugo, Les  Miserables
Houston, Texas, USA - EL29kn
E-Mail: stephen_ponder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx