Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] The expanded band turns 15

Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] The expanded band turns 15

aw sheesh ... does that make Scott the Father of X-Band News?

LOL...
;-)

Scott Fybush wrote:
And I claim a particular tiny little niche in X-band history: when WJDM lit up its 1660 signal in the fall of 1995, their regular programming did not include newscasts. But on the first or second Saturday that WJDM was on the X-band, they carried a special one-time-only simulcast of "Spectrum," the radio show about radio that was then heard on WWCR shortwave. I was Spectrum's news director, and so I make the claim that my newscast during that Spectrum show was thus the very first newscast ever heard on the X-band :)