Re: [IRCA] The expanded band turns 15

>>Here in my apartment with horrible electrical noise, dx has been
almost nonexistent this season. How I have several questions regarding
the x-band stations.What are the most recent u.s. stations to come on
the air? Whatever happened to the proposed stations in Farmington NM,
and Harrisonburg Va? Also, whatever happened to the Tijuana station on
1630? Thanks,<<

There were a lot of X Banders that never came on the air, including my
local KCHT-1700-Astoria. I was hoping the one in NH would come on, but
when I phoned them back several years ago, the GM said they had no
plans. Several stations applied, later to change their minds. I think
the originial plan was to keep the old freq and the new one and a few
managed to do that.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR