Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] The expanded band turns 15

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] The expanded band turns 15

>All in all, though, the dreams many of us had for the X-band failed to
materialize.  Based on what I'd read about band conditions in past
decades, I was halfway anticipating that if there were, say, three
stations on a frequency, each with 1kw, they'd be constantly fading in
and out with each other, the far ones mixing with the near. No real
dominant, just like a remarkably uncluttered graveyard channel.
 In reality, the one or two nearest stations are L&C, and the ones on
the other side of the continent are never heard.  At least, that's
the way it's been for me<<

Some X Banders do well with skip if there is not a huge dominant station
on the channel. Good ones here 1610, 1630, 1690, and 1700, but ones like
1640 or 1660 are tough as the stations are too strong and dominant, plus
there are too many stations on the channel. It would have been nice with
only 3 on each frequency, but in reality several frequencies because
GYers here.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR