[IRCA] DXING ON HONEYMOONS

My wife rolled with it. I brought along my big, old Sony ICF 6700W on our New Zealand honeymoon in November 1978. Fascinating time to DX: (1) right around the same time most of the rest of the world switched to 9kHz spacing and (2) I was able to follow the election returns on KNX the FIRST time Jerry Brown won the California governorship. I still have the radio - and the same (tolerant) wife...

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010