[IRCA] TP DX 10-12-10 in Seattle

Asians were significantly better here today than yesterday. "Better" being a relative term in this case. Yesterday, TP's were non-existent. Today, there were a few low band powerhouses making unsteady appearances, with JOAB-693 leading the pack in terms of strength and readability. If yesterday was average for mid-June, today was average for late August or early September.

I only had a few minutes to listen before heading off to work, so the list is brief. I also recorded a few files on the SDR, but they didn't produce anything interesting.

Unlike Nick and Walt, I didn't hear any DUs, but I never thought to check in that direction. I have a half dozen 50 kw locals to the southwest of me, so I tend to avoid listening on the southwest loop.

Anyway, here's what I heard today:

594    JOAK fair JJ talk 1350
657    N Korea, bits of audio in KAPS-660 splatter 1351
693 JOAB, stong-nil 1345-1354 w/EE lessons, especially strong 1349, 1352, 1354. The best signal of the morning
738    Unid presumed Taiwan, weak with bits of music 1352
747    JOIB, weak-fair 1349-1355
756    Carrier w/traces of audio 1353
774    JOUB, good in 770 splat w/woman in JJ 1349
972    Korea presumed, carrier w/audio traces 1419

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow

Bruce
R8A & SDR-IQ with K9AY antenna