[IRCA] Dxing Atop Signal Hill, Newfoundland

[IRCA] Dxing Atop Signal Hill, Newfoundland

Hello To All,

Thought I would brave the elements and do my 5 mile round trip morning walk up to Signal Hill before sunrise (7 Degrees Celcius)  and try some Dxing atop the hill overlooking the ocean with my trusty SRF-M37V Ultralight ... barefoot.

 An added bonus this morning, not only did I manage 1 new station for the log but caught a look at the International Space Station passing over St. John's at 6:45 AM local time

Logged as follows between 9:10 UTC - 9:45 UTC - Oct 12/2010

720 khz - WGN -  Chicago, Illinois , news items, local ad,legal call
730 khz - CKAC - Montreal Quebec , french talk,ads
770 khz - WABC - New York,NY , sports talk
880 khz - WCBS - New York,NY , news, weather,Id
970 khz - WZAN -  Portland, Maine, political talk
980 khz - WCAP -  Lowell, Mass, mention Mass,political news ***NEW on ULR ***)
1010 khz - CFRB -  Toronto, Ontario, news legal ID (mixing with WINS - NY)
1020 khz - KDKA -  Pittsburgh,Penn, talk
1050 khz - CHUM -  Toronto, Ont, CP24 ID , talk
1080 khz - WTIC -   Hartford, Conn, talk, ID
1090 khz - WBAL -  Baltimore, Maryland , talk
1100 khz - WTAM - Cleveland, Ohio , talk , ID (Strongest DX Station signal on the band )
1110 khz - WBT -    Charlotte, NC , talk. ID
1120 khz - KMOX -  St. Louis, Missouri, talk , local ad, ID
1130 khz - WBBR - New York, NY, business news
1150 khz - CHGM - Gaspe, Quebec , french talk, music
1310 khz - WLOB - Portland, Maine, talk
1330 khz - WRCA - Waltham, Mass, talk, music
1370 khz - WDEA - Ellsworth, Maine, music ID
1490 khz - WBAE - Portland, Maine, music ,local ads
1570 khz - CFAV -  Laval, Quebec, music , french talk
1590 khz - WARV - Warwick, Rhode Island, talk ads

Receiver: SRF-M37V barefoot

Good Dx To All

Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland