[IRCA] TP DX (not) for 10-11-10 in Jordan River, B.C.

[IRCA] TP DX (not) for 10-11-10 in Jordan River, B.C.

Knowing full well that conditions would tank on Sunday and Monday
morning (Canadian Thanksgiving), I slept in and concentrated on HF QRP getting my
first ever CW contacts on QRP from the Cabin < 5W
with a Heathkit HW-9 and an MFJ-1622 Balcony antenna.

Got a contact in Arizona on my 1st call on 20 meters,
followed by a contact in Anchorage Alaska...
and then Nevada later in the evening on 40 meters.
CW - all under 5 watts.

Good to have a back up plan when there is no medium-wave
DX to speak of.

Colin Newell is the editor and creator of
Coffeecrew.com, DXer.ca and BobHarris.com