[IRCA] TP DX (not) for 10-11-10 in Seattle

[IRCA] TP DX (not) for 10-11-10 in Seattle

Conditions here weren't nearly as good as what Gary, Nick, Walt, and Dennis reported.

I checked the band briefly this morning at 1345, and didn't hear a thing when I checked some of the usual powerhouses like 1206 1566 747 and 774. I double checked the antenna switch - yep, it was set to the northwest loop. I checked a couple of my locals to make sure I didn't have some other antenna problem, but 710 and 770 were there at the usual 20 db over S9. After a minute and a half, I threw in the towel and headed off to work.

I left the SDR recording from 1345 to 1435 hoping things might improve but they never did. There was a weak carrier on 1566, but that was about it.

Overall, it was an average morning for mid-June. Unfortunately, this is mid-October. Sometimes those things happen.

Bruce