[IRCA] Victoria, BC TP's for 10/7/2010

Finally had a chance to listen this morning from 13:45 to 14:23 UTC.
Yesterday afternoon was a beautiful day, with summer like weather here in
Victoria.  I used a couple of hours to finally erect a couple of antennae:
A 26' x 33' or so 285 degree corner fed loop (nothing like my old place that
had 50' trees, but still, it's not too bad).  This azimuth cuts more or less
just off shore of the east coast of Asia/Indonesia.  On top of that, I also
erected a fairly small diameter (perhaps 30' circumference) ALA 100 loop
aimed about 20/200 towards Europe (and NZ to a lesser extent).  There's
still space to erect a larger corner fed loop 18 degrees which would be very
nice towards Europe (and AK to a lesser extent), but this would take a bit
more work.  The dimensions could be around 26' x 40' or so.  Alternatively,
I could also simply use this larger loop to feed the ALA for better gain.
Overall, I'm fairly pleased with my new set-up, 1/2 block to the ocean
(Straits of Juan de Fuca) which faces north west.
     I have nothing to compare with, but for a first start, I wasn't too
unhappy.  I suspect conditions were about average for this time of the
year.  Noted that the SF was 74, A6, and K2.  Here are my brief notes.  I'll
continue to use my (originally derived by John Bryant) 10 point scale, with
a "6" = just audible (like Nick's burbles in the splatter), 7= just able to
id language, 8= fairly OK reception, 9= excellent reception, and 10=
armchair local quality copy.

279:  8.5
558:  HLQH presumed at 7
567:  JJ, // to 594 at 7
576:  7 level, possibly RR
594:  JOAK at 9 level
603:  7 level
639:  7 level, pretty sure it was NHK1
666:  6 level
670:  KDLG Dillingham at 9 level
675:  6 level
747:  JOUB at 8.5 level
756:  6 level
774:  9 level JOIB, with cochannel Australian (latter heard on the ALA)
828:  8.5 level JJ
846, 864, 918, 954:  all 6 level
963:  CRI RR at 7 level
972:  HLCA KK at 7 level
1008, 1017, 1026:  all 6 level
1098:  strong OC
1116:  4BC at 7 level at 14:07
1143:  7 level
1278:  6 level
1287:  8 level JJ
1314, 1377, 1386, 1548, 1566:  all 6 level only

That's it from Victoria, BC.  Good DX to all!  ...........Walt