[IRCA] This morning's DU chase from IL

Success this morning digging out some weak DU audio from Barrington IL using my R8A and the big guns aimed west (Phased BOG System at 273 deg, 930 ft // 600 ft). Times GMT.

I got out to the DX truck just after 1100 and there were decent sized hets from 738 and 702. Things improved a few minutes later and also were aided by sunrise oriented weakening of WLW and CFZM which now were easy to phase out, leaving weak western QRM. At 1113 I noted some weak audio on 738 and the usual SAH when there's DU cx. Audio was good enough to tell that the guy was speaking FF and it went into mx, but soon the audio that came up weakly on peaks was accented English and sometimes short bits of mx. Over to 702 and some audio peaks at 1115 also seemed to be Aussie accented EE and similar to 738. When I logged Aussie 702 and 738 from WI, two Septembers ago, they were // in this time frame. The last weak audio from these died about 1121 (sunrise was 1125) and as usual even the hets have usually faded lots by a couple minutes after sunrise. Thankfully superlocal WGN no longer has IBOC and there's no hash to bother 702 and 738 anymore.

756 had a het during this time frame, but not strong enough to yield audio.  I checked 891 but nothing as usual. There also was a het on about 531. I didn't note anything from 612, which was almost audio level a few years ago and this inspite of no IBOC on WTMJ and if WMT had IBOC, it wasn't in well enough to bother me.

I didn't make it up to higher freqs other than to check for Marshall Islands 1098 but KFAB IBOC ruins that channel to the west.

As is common during these brief sunrise DU openings here, California area stuff was good. KFI was decent in the mix on 640, and with WJR phased the programming matched KFMB's listed. On 600 the talk show o/u WMT matched KOGO. 700 had something Mexican at times with weak WLW phased but not strong enough to prevent some weak 702 audio.

The phased and rather longish BOGs certainly are a help for this stuff here as it is necessary to phase even the weak daytime signal level remains of CFZM or WLW.

73 KAZ